Building Your Construction Project Photo Toolbox
Stock Photography: It is clear how important quality photographs are to your marketing strategies, but some construction companies still neglect to invest and would rather rely on stock photography. Because images play such a huge part in whether you get a second look or get overlooked and lost in the crowd, making sure that you have quality photography on-hand will save you time and money.
Why you want to create an original photography database for your marketing toolbox:
- Authentic photographs of your company and company activities are more credible that stock photography and will appeal to your audience as trustworthy and genuine.
- Any brand that hopes to connect with its consumers needs to have quality photography.
- Take before, during, and after action shots of construction projects.
- Real people and events have a genuine appeal that will show through to your target audience. These are genuine and relevant representations of your brand. It will attract their attention much more so than stock photographs. and photos of company events.
- Concentrating on capturing the deeper meanings of the construction industry causes a greater level of appreciation for the consumer for the craftsmanship and the construction professionals behind the brand.
- Creating original images that convey your company’s story will bring your brand to life. Generic stock photos could not possibly tell a story of your brand and your customers will notice.
- Original images humanize your business and create a connection to a potential client because they can see who and what is behind your business. Be authentic.
- Images that tell a story, demonstrate a point, and are attention grabbing will evoke curiosity and leave your audience wanting to know more. Using irrelevant stock images that have little or nothing to do with the message you are trying to convey can actually hurt your brand.
- Photographs of people capture attention because they are relatable to the viewer.
- Be inspired by your company’s mission. Look for inspiration in the things happening in your company day-to-day. What may seem like a mundane task could appeal to your audience.
- Keep in mind that most of your customers, and probably none of your prospects, ever get to see the inner workings of your business and how you operate. Using quality photography that tells the inside story will capture their attention because it is personable and relatable.
- If your company has a rich history, bring it into your brand story with historical photographs. This usage is a unique way to let your audience know your history and the origins of the company.
- Some stock photos may be attractive, but that doesn’t make them effective. Using photos that can be found on other sites or are clearly commercialized can alter the customer’s view of your company in a negative way and make you seem less genuine.
- If you use generic photos of strangers, your customers will see right through it. How can your target market trust that you are not cutting corners on your products and services as well? Your photographs should build a level of trust.
- Your competition has the same access to stock photos as you do. We’ve seen competitors use the exact images for tradeshow displays, websites, and brochures. This duplication will not happen with unique photos.